Did you know that when you join our school, you are automatically enrolled in the Parent, Teacher Association?
The PTA works tirelessly each year to raise extra funds for our school, so that we can buy fantastic resources like netbooks, reading scheme books and tablet computers as well as making huge contributions to larger projects like the recent redesign of the children's playground, refurbishment of the library and equipment for the quiet garden.
We really appreciate the hard work that goes into running such events, but they are not possible without the help of YOU the parents of our pupils. Perhaps you have a special skill, a fund raising idea, or contacts in the local area. You may even just have a spare half hour, to help with setting up an event or run a stall. All help is welcome and much appreciated.
Please contact the PTA at email@example.com and help our school raise these much needed extra funds.
Ways to Support the School
There are lots of ways you can help support the school:
- Online Shopping (www.easyfundraising.org.uk) Raise money every time you shop online. Select the company you want to buy from via the site and they will donate a % to the school. There is an App you can download to make it even easier.
- Matched Funding Companies or businesses match the amount that an employee donates or fundraises for the PTA. Find out if your company does this?
- 100 Club Buy a lottery ticket! There is a quarterly draw with 4 prizes. Tickets are £2 and there is no limit on the quantity of numbers you can hold.
- Gift Aid If you are tax payer the PTA are able to claim 25p in every pound that you donate. We ask you to sign the declaration attached, to confirm you are a UK taxpayer.
- Make a Cake for the termly school cake sales. Parents are asked donate homemade or shop bought cakes to sell after school.
- Offer your help at the PTA events, whether that be the Sonning Show, the Christmas Faye or helping on the cake stall. An hour here and there can really make the difference
- Donate clothes, CDs, DVDs, printer toner cartridges (subject to type) and foreign coins which are then recycled in return for cash.
- Haslam’s Estate Ageny Board Twice a year have a board outside your home advertising the Sonning Show and the Christmas Fayre – the more boards the more money raised.
About Our Events
The PTA organises many events that are firm fixtures in the calendar year such as the Christmas Fayre, the family summer BBQ, children's discos and quiz nights. We also have a large presence at the Sonning Show which is held on the school playing field in September. We regularly hold cake sales, second hand clothes collections and own clothes days in return for a minimal donation.
See our Calendar of Events showing how you can get involved throughout the school year.
If you would like to keep up with PTA events please join our Facebook group called Friends of Sonning School PTA. This is a closed group and only open to invited members, just email firstname.lastname@example.org who will send you an invitation.
What Is It?
Match Funding is when your company matches the amount of money raised at a fundraising event.
How Does It Work?
Firstly, you need to find out if your company match funds. Once you have confirmed that they do, then sign up to be involved at one of our many fundraising events. Then once the event is complete, we will provide you with the amount raised, the PTA bank account and photo evidence of you taking part! Take that back to your company and match our funds.
If you think you can help or have any questions please contact the PTA at email@example.com
Mr Ivan Perre
Mrs Michelle Platt
Mrs Gurminder Sidhu
Mrs Jessica Parsons
Mrs Helen Leviss
Mrs Sarah Baker
Mrs Elaine Propert-Lewis
Mrs Ali Payne
Mrs Sannah Maan
Mrs Louise Chapman