Chestnut trip to Woolley Firs
This event will take place on 09/06/2023
In Chestnut Class this term, we have been learning all about living things and their habitats. As part of our Science learning, we will be visiting Woolley Firs Environmental Centre in Maidenhead. We will be able to take part in pond dipping and go on a ‘Habitat Safari’. The children will develop their understanding of food chains and lifecycles. They will also have the opportunity to use a range of equipment and take part in practical activities to support their investigation skills.
- Date of visit: Friday 9th June 2023
- Cost of the visit: £22 per child.
- Depart School: Children will be leaving immediately after registration, ready for a prompt departure at 9.00am.
- Return to School: Expected return is by 3.00pm, depending on traffic.
- Lunch: Children must bring a packed lunch with no glass bottles or cans in a small draw-string bag or a plastic/paper bag that can be thrown away afterwards.
- There is no cloakroom and so a small, light bag is recommended for the day.
- Children will not need to wear uniform on the trip. Appropriate outdoor clothing should be worn: Long trousers, plus waterproofs or sun hats and sun cream according to the weather. Trainers/shoes should be worn that are fine to get muddy.
- Payment: Payment should be made online using the school Scopay/Tucasi system and you will also be asked to tick a consent box to confirm that you wish your child to attend the trip.
Although this payment is a voluntary contribution, you should note that if there are insufficient parent/carers willing to pay this amount, the visit may not take place. However, if you have any difficulties in making this payment, please feel free to come in to speak to either me or Mr Sherwood.
We will require four parent helpers to join us on the visit so, if you are interested, please let the school office know and I will get back to you as soon as possible with confirmation.
We are all really looking forward to an educational and fun day out!