At Sonning Church of England Primary School it is our policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. A complete list of the items needed for school uniform is included in the uniform policy.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform reflects our high expectations through:
• promoting a sense of pride in the school;
• promoting the school’s core values;
• demonstrating high standards throughout the school;
• engendering a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
• being practical and smart and suitable wear for school;
• identifying the children with the school aiding safeguarding;
• preventing children from coming to school in apparel or accessories that could be a distraction from learning for other children;
• making children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance.