We are a Church of England Primary school within the Oxford Diocese and our ethos and aims have Christian values at their heart. Our underlying principle is that each person is unique and special to God and that, through the education we provide, everyone in our school community will work together to nurture and develop each individual in a range of dimensions, be this academic, spiritually, emotionally, morally or culturally.
Our core values of: Independence, Respect, Equality, Confidence and Opportunity are central to our ethos and contribute towards the achievements of all our children.
At Sonning Church of England Primary School we aim that:
• Through a relevant, broad, exciting and challenging curriculum all children learn and achieve well, across a range of contexts regardless of their faith, race, disability and gender
• Children are offered a range of exciting opportunities that broaden their life experiences in a healthy and safe environment
• We foster a climate of respect, aspiration and co-operation within, and beyond, our school community
• We engender a spirit of enthusiastic independent learning with a strong desire to succeed
• They develop the strength and confidence to express themselves and rise to the challenges encountered